Tuesday, April 29, 2008

ok ok a new post

alright so ryan asked for another new post so i suppose im obligated to post bout somethin new. =)

sooo.....lets see...I guess ill give a brief overview of my mexico trip that i went on way back when. So we left on a friday. The bus ride was excruciating. Drive for over 6 hours straight with 30 plus high schoolers and you'll know what im talkin bout. You deffidently havn't heard loud till you've been on a bus ride down to mexico. Ok, no, it wasnt that bad. In fact it was actually alot of fun, dispite the fact that my brother and his friends decided it would be fun to get candid pictures of my. I.E. pictures of me in the middle of saying something, or better yet, of me sleeping. Ugh, didnt like any of those so =) i deleted all of them. Or at least i thought i had. Half way through the week i decided, "You know, it really just isnt worth it." So i stopped trying to delete every single picture someone took of me. So i guess its tradition to throw all the girls in the pool at the hotel. I think thats kinda funny, but was determined that i wouldnt become one of the helpless victoms, and, im quite proud to say, i wasnt thrown in. =) Unfortunately, others were not as lucky. But anyways....so skipping straight to vbs. I was in ejido puebla and i swear, there were NONE of my friends in that village. Literally. NO ONE. No Catie, No Michelle, No Atalie, No Michaela(sorry if i spelled that wrong), No Erin, No One. It was most depressing, but hey, i cant complain anymore because it gave me more time to be with the kids and i did actually end up getting to know a few of the people in my group really well so that was cool. There was one girl in particular that completlely stole my heart. Her and her little sister were absolutely beautiful. I had never seen a child as gorgeous as little Naustia. Her little sister, JoAnna was so sweet. She couldnt have been more then 2 or 3 but she was beautiful too. I dont even know how many pictures there are of my with JoAnna asleep on my lap, and me, asleep with her on top of me, in a church pew. They were probably the best part of my trip down there. God totally provided for us in crafts. Thats where i was helping out. We had prepared for 110 kids. The first day we got 78. The second day...there were 120. Liz and i were just a lil bit stressed out, but she was resourceful and we were able to keep all the kids happy. So ya. That was my trip.
Hope your happy Ryan ;)

Princess Pink

18 comments:

Big Red said...

i did it again ;) that's cool, sounds like it was fun.

about the bus thing, i totally know what ur talking about, a 1 hr. drive is bad enough...

Thrawn said...

dang, ryan, two posts requests approved.. gotta be some kind of record...

Huh, sounds like it was a lot of fun, and probably just as much kids. I don't think I could survive that long in a bus with all of the high schoolers... I just... couldn't...

Imperator said...

Interesting to know...

Debater said...

Cool, sounds fun. It sure seems like you were a victim of quite a few horrors...I have a feeling exaggeration is involved.

Good that you had fun, that sounds like a neat experience

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a good trip - most impressive that you managed to not get thrown in - good job!

Big Red said...

i would hav thrown u in ;)

Thrawn said...

I'm sure you would try, Ryan....

Big Red said...

no i would hav...

atalie said...

o yes mexico good times, chad=]

i miss our curb........

and the weather........

and the people.........=(

pink princess said...

lol thank you. i was pretty proud of myself. ;)

ha ha you could try ryan but it wouldnt have worked. i locked myself in my room for the most part. =)

jesse!!!!!! aw me to!! cheez-its, curb in the moonlight *sigh* good times, good times.

Big Red said...

cheater, u can't just lock ur self in ur room ;)

Thrawn said...

yeah, sure sounds like cheating to me...

Big Red said...

and once again, kayla dissapears from the face of blogspot;) jk so hav i rlly. but i'm baaaaaaaaack! so just out of curiousity, do u still read IMF?

Thrawn said...

Kayla reading IMF? Psh, that's a good one, Ryan.. ;)

But, in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure kayla is just one of the many previous bloggers that have disappeared... never to be virtually seen again... *scary music*

Big Red said...

hey u never know ;) there's some people that i never knew read it until a few days ago... its like they're watching us, without us knowing... *said in scary voice with even scarier music*

pink princess said...

wow sorry guys. no i havent read imf for a while but i will now just ta make y'all happy. arent i nice =)

thrawn said...

Okay, well never to be virtually seen again, except for this once.. ;)

Big Red said...

no i dont rlly care u don't hav 2 read it but thanx u r nice:) wasn't that nice of me saying ur nice?lol